Popular Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Following up on yesterday's column

In the past 15 hours I have received numerous emails, FB messages and phone calls on the column that appears in the Bennington Banner, where I write a bi-monthly column.  You can read the column by going here http://www.benningtonbanner.com/columnists/ci_16832523

One message I received was from an old friend I've not seen in decades.  He said that he was at the Dorset Quarry the day Buddy Baker died.  On one level I felt badly that I had conjured up those old memories in my friend's head.  On the other, I was delighted that I presented him with an opportunity to remember his childhood friend; a young boy he liked very much and who he watched die as the result of a foolish prank.

Bad things happen to good people, sometimes by good people, in this world every day.  I think it's good to keep this in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment